Saturday, January 24, 2009

Who is Daffy aka Daffers?

I was a member of the Julianne Giffin 500 site for over four years. In June 2008, after over 20,000 games, I quit due to endemic cheating, rampant abuse, the incompetence and bias of the forum moderator and the disinterested and absentee administration. I published this blog to irritate the cheats and because when Richard deletes old JG500 forum threads he deprives the site of its history.

My advocacy for an honest and civil site earned me the distain and abuse of a core of dishonest and abusive members - members who still play regularly on the site today. I suported the site financially by regularly donating well above the yearly fees. I argued forcibly for a code of conduct to ensure fair play, a well-regulated forum so players could share a healthy online community and then put in the hard yards to show how this could be done.
I discovered and reported a major cause of the site's lag. For these efforts I was abused by the cheats and ignored by the administration.

I have many friends on the site and continue to play as a non-member. Rumours of my transmogrification to an ancient hobbit are much exaggerated.

No comments: