Monday, May 26, 2008

Get a Life!

Yesterday a JG500 member told me I needed to get more fun out of life.

The irony was dripping of the screen as I was thoroughly enjoying my weekend chatting with my wife, planning my upcoming holiday, updating my blog and playing 500 with my mates. Conversely, this member was thoroughly miserable, whinging yet again about never being able to get a good game at the site, and very strung out for lack of sleep.

I enjoy my life - a lot! I have a great job teaching wonderful students; I sail up and down some beautiful coasts; I play 500 with some loverly people; and I enjoy getting up the noses of cheats and their defenders. But I don't give out foolish unasked for life advice - and I expect the same in return.

What I admire about the local people where I live is that they seem to know far better than many of my compatriots where to draw the line. They would consider it rude and uncouth to give a casual acquaintance life advice. So do I!

No comments: