Thursday, May 15, 2008

Table Talk: rude at best and cheating at worst

My favorite table talk (TT) from JG500 last week:

Daffy: PASS (sitting on 3 uncalled aces)
Member's Partner: Someone is lying
Member: Daff
Daffy: No TT pls
Member's Partner: Sorry
Member: That wasn't TT. I never TT! Don't you accuse...blah blah blah....

This particular member was asked to stay away from my rooms after 2 more episodes of this kind of table talk over the next two days. Interestingly, on most occasions his partners were complaining as much as I was.

Fortunately there are still many grown-ups on JG500 who continue to enjoy honest competitive play. Our room code of conduct is simple - no table talk at all about the hand in play, either in the room's chat window, or on MSN, or on the phone. We define table talk as ANY comments or discussion about the hand in play. Comments such as "Sorry p", "Arggggg" and "Umm" are just as much table talk as "I wanted misere". We also enjoy critiquing hands after they have finished. These post-mortems require robust egos and are often as interesting as the hands themselves. Members with frail self-esteem should think twice before playing with us. Whinging about losing is also considered poor form.

Table talking is RUDE at best and CHEATING at worst. I know many who don't agree, and I appreciate their staying away from my rooms. This site is big enough to avoid members you don't enjoy playing with.

No comments: